3D bowling in space. The main challenge was the implementation of the scoring system compliant with official ten-pin bowling rules. Personal project.
- Implemented architecture, fully compliant with official ten-pin bowling rules, using test-driven development (TDD) with unity testing tools:
- GameManager class holds game state.
- GameManager requests next appropriate action from static action system class.
- GameManager requests current score from static scoring system class.
- Realtime scoring system takes possible bonuses from future attempts into account.
- Animations with sub-state machines.
- Manipulation of Unity’s physics engine.
- Touch control system with swipe input for launching the ball.
Camera chases the ball until in front of the pins.
- Written in C#
- Engine: Unity
- Platform: PC/Mac, Android/iOS
Scoring the first ball…
…the second ball adds to a frame score.
The first ball of the frame hit nine pins, now we hit this last pin with the second ball of the frame…
…which adds up to a spare.
The last frame is special. Had we managed to bowl a strike or spare with the first two balls, a bonus ball would have been rewarded.